Learn all about the Caribbean's most exciting vacation destination! If you appreciate gourmet food, world class duty free shopping, vibrant nightlife, pristine beaches, year-round warm climate and a cosmopolitan atmosphere with a Caribbean twist, Sint Maarten - Saint Martin is for you!
- Beaches: Busy or secluded Beaches: Busy or secluded
- ... and the No. 1 Mega Yacht Port ... and the No. 1 Mega Yacht Port
- The Caribbean's most famous airport The Caribbean's most famous airport
Find below all information you need to plan your visit or extended vacation on the very special Caribbean island of Sint Maarten - Saint Martin!
BEST THINGS TO DO
- Get a local tour guide to explore Get a local tour guide to explore
- The planes are REALLY that close The planes are REALLY that close
- Be lazy: beach in Philipsburg Be lazy: beach in Philipsburg
- Our famous airport! Our famous airport!
- Visit the Butterfly Farm - A Kids-Must-do! Visit the Butterfly Farm - A Kids-Must-do!
- Have fun on the water Have fun on the water
GUIDED TOURS & ATTRACTIONS
ISLAND TOUR: Take a tour around the island with an experienced local island guide. Don't take the big buses offered by the cruise lines, but a customized tour from an operator endorsed by ST-MAARTEN.COM. You save a lot of money AND have more fun! With one of the tours presented here, you will also be able to spend time at our famous Princess Juliana International Airport - where you can ride the jet blast (or watch others getting 'blown')
Jo Junie Tours - Guided, customized tours around the island. All of St. Maarten in one day! Including a stop at the airport runway! RECOMMENDED FOR CRUISE SHIP VISITORS!
ATTRACTIONS: Visit attractions such as the Butterfly Farm, the Iguana Park, Loterie Farm (spelling IS correct). Check out the Caribbean's No. 1 beach - Orient Bay or watch the big planes landing and taking off at Maho Beach.
Butterfly Farm - For kids and adults. RECOMMENDED FOR CRUISE SHIP VISITORS!
BOAT TRIPS: Take a sailing trip around St. Maarten's coast line, visit deserted beaches, snorkel ...and enjoy an open bar! Or take a Rhino Rider personal water-craft and scoot around the coast - with a guide boat leading you to the best snorkeling spots.
Aqua Mania Adventures - Simpson Bay/Pelican - Catamaran day charter excursions, Anguilla trips, Saba ferry service, boat rental, scuba diving - RECOMMENDED FOR CRUISE SHIP VISITORS!
Celine Charter - Simpson Bay - Luxury Motor Yacht Catamaran day charter - Sunset cruises, snorkeling, deserted islands and the famous Pub Crawl at night.
Golden Eagle Catamaran Excursions - Philipsburg, Bobby's Marina - RECOMMENDED FOR CRUISE SHIP VISITORS!
Power Rafting - Philipsburg, Bobby's Marina - Beach and snorkel adventure - RECOMMENDED FOR CRUISE SHIP VISITORS!
Quality Times by Eagle Tours - Philipsburg, Chesterfield's Marina - fast day charter catamaran - RECOMMENDED FOR CRUISE SHIP VISITORS!
Random Wind Classic Sailing - Simpson Bay - Day charter on a classic sailing yacht - RECOMMENDED FOR CRUISE SHIP VISITORS!
Rhino Safari Excursions - Simpson Bay - Pilot your own boat in this guided excursion - RECOMMENDED FOR CRUISE SHIP VISITORS!
- Sunset Cruises Sunset Cruises
- Day charter on a great sailing yacht Day charter on a great sailing yacht
- Ferry to neighoring island Ferry to neighoring island
- Have fun with a Rhino Rider Have fun with a Rhino Rider
- Catamaran Day Charter Excursions Catamaran Day Charter Excursions
- Visit deserted beach for snorkeling Visit deserted beach for snorkeling
BEST PLACES TO STAY
- Close to entertainment: The Atrium Close to entertainment: The Atrium
- Holland House in Philipsburg Holland House in Philipsburg
- Room at Princess Heights Room at Princess Heights
- Princess Heights Boutique Apartment Hotel Princess Heights Boutique Apartment Hotel
- Room at the Atrium Beach Resort Room at the Atrium Beach Resort
- Summit Resort Hotel above the Lagoon Summit Resort Hotel above the Lagoon
HOTELS & RESORTS: The resorts/hotels featured here are all very special in their own way. All offer very unique locations:
You prefer being close to lots of restaurants, bars, night-life, casinos? The Atrium Beach Resort will be your favorite!
Off the beaten path and affordable? The Summit Resort in the Cupecoy region offers glorious views over Simpson Bay Lagoon. An elegant boutique apartment hotel sounds best? Have a look at Princess Heights. And finally, the Blue Bay Beach Hotel is right on the island's signature beach: Orient Beach!
VACATION RENTALS: If you prefer 'your own place', check out the list of our vacation rental specialists. They offer an amazing portfolio of luxury villas in St. Maarten/St. Martin's best locations: from beach front to breathtaking mountain view - it's all here.
ALL RECOMMENDED HOTELS & RESORTS
Atrium Beach Resort & Spa - Best Simpson Bay location close to bars, restaurants and entertainment
Blue Bay Beach Hotel - comfortable and affordable accommodations on Orient Beach
Holland House Beach Hotel - Premier hotel in Philipsburg with excellent restaurant
Horizon View Beach Hotel - Comfortable accommodations on the beach in Philipsburg
Princess Heights Deluxe Condo Hotel - Elegant suites with breathtaking vistas in the Oyster Pond/Dawn Beach region
The Summit Resort Hotel - a hidden treasure in the Cupecoy region, located on a bluff above the Lagoon with glorious views
ALL VACATION RENTALS
Coral Beach Club - elegant townhouses in Oyster Pond/Dawn Beach
Dream Beach Vacations - the 'dream team' of Marianne and Marinka will organize the perfect villa or condo-rental vacation for you
Island Properties - Long established vacation rental agency in cooperation with REMAX
Jennifer's Vacation Villas - with decades of experience, they have a strong selection of rentals
Sell My Timeshare Now! - or rent it here
Sunshine Properties - the vacation rental division of a strong real estate company
Rent from Owner - Private listings
BEST PLACES TO SHOP
- Best jewelers anywhere Best jewelers anywhere
- An elegant main street An elegant main street
- No limits... No limits...
- Or just get an authentic souvenir at Shipwreck Shops Or just get an authentic souvenir at Shipwreck Shops
- Charming alleys with hidden treasures Charming alleys with hidden treasures
- For cameras go to Chulani's Photography For cameras go to Chulani's Photography
JEWELRY: No other destination can beat the island's jewelry shops. Combine a tax free island with a fiercely competitive market and you got the best prices possible. Browse the list of jewelers, endorsed by ST-MAARTEN.COM for good business practices.
Ballerina Jewelers - Philipsburg, Front Street and other locations
Caribbean Gems - Philipsburg, Front Street - two locations
Diamonds International - Philipsburg, Front Street and other locations
Grand Jewelers - Philipsburg, Front Street
Helena Jewelers - Philipsburg, Front Street
Infinity Jewelers - Philipsburg, Front Street
Jewels by Love - Philipsburg, Front Street and Marigot
Joe's Jewelry International - Philipsburg, Front Street and other addresses with five locations
Little Switzerland - Philipsburg, Front Street
Macey's International Jewelers - Philipsburg, Front Street
Omni Jewelers - Philipsburg, Front Street/Central Town Square at Capt. Hodge Pier
Oro Diamanté - Philipsburg, Front Street and Sonesta Great Bay Hotel
Riviera Jewelry - Maho Shopping Plaza
Royal Caribbean Jewelers - Philipsburg, Front Street
Shiva's Jewelers - Philipsburg, Front Street
The Art Box Gallery - Philipsburg, Bobby's Marina Village
Ultimate Jewelers - Philipsburg, Front Street
Value Jeweles - Philipsburg, Front Street
HEALTH & BEAUTY
Friendly Island Pharmacy - Cole Bay
Orange Grove Pharmacy - Cole Bay - island-wide 27/7 delivery!
Simpson Bay Pharmacy - Simpson Bay Yacht Club
BEST RENTAL CAR DEALS! FIND THEM HERE!
- Full service car rental agencies Full service car rental agencies
- Service stations 24 hour open around the island Service stations 24 hour open around the island
- Big international brands Big international brands
RENTAL CARS: St. Maarten is a safe and rather small Caribbean island: perfect to be explored by car! Amongst the large number of rental car suppliers, we have selected solid companies, which you can trust for their well maintained fleets and good business ethics.
Dollar/Thrifty Car Rental - Airport booth and five other locations around the island
Empress Rent a Car - Airport booth and Airport Boulevard main location
Francine's Rentals - Airport Boulevard
Leisure Car Rental - Next to the airport
Paradise Car Rental - Simpson Bay, Airport Boulevard
Smart Car Rental - Cole Bay, Welfare Road
Travel Rent a Car - Beacon Hill (behind airport)
Unity Car Rental - Simpson Bay, Sister Modesta Road
BEST PLACES TO EAT
- Bon Appetit - French-style food Bon Appetit - French-style food
- Fine Italian dining at Dolce Vita Fine Italian dining at Dolce Vita
- The Ocean Lounge in Philipsburg The Ocean Lounge in Philipsburg
- Jimbos - Always popular in Simpson Bay Jimbos - Always popular in Simpson Bay
- Pineapple Pete: A Simpson Bay landmark Pineapple Pete: A Simpson Bay landmark
- We love local food! We love local food!
RESTAURANTS: This is the Caribbean's gourmet island, even though gourmands will be equally happy. The food choices are legion - too many to list - just be assured that there are restaurants here to please any palate.
Bon Appetit French Brasserie - Pelican - French and international cuisine
Charter House 1863 - Simpson Bay Yacht Club - Steak, seafood, international
Cugini Trattoria Italiana - Simpson Bay/Cole Bay - Italian
Esco Pazzo Pizzeria - Cole Bay, Port de Plaisance (at Princess Casino) - Italian
Jimbo's Rock & Blues Café - Simpson Bay Yacht Club - CaribMex
La Dolce Vita - Cole Bay, Port de Plaisance (at Princess Casino) - Italian
Ocean Lounge - Philipsburg, Boardwalk (at the Holland House) - international
Pineapple Pete - Simpson Bay/Cole Bay, Welfare Road - international
Sunset Bar & Grill - Maho Beach (behind the airport runway) - international comfort food
Sushiitto - Cole Bay, Port de Plaisance (at the Princess Casino) - Japanese
Topper's Restaurant & Bar - Simpson Bay, Welfare Road - American and international
Vesna Taverna - Simpson Bay, Airport Road - French and international
PARTY & NIGHTLIFE
Party: St. Maarten/St. Martin comes to life after dark. If you're a night owl, you've chosen the right destination!
Princess Casino - Cole Bay, Port de Plaisance
Red Piano - Pelican - Very popular night spot with live entertainment
Sunset Bar & Grill - there is a party going on, day and night
- Ocean front land Ocean front land
- Contemporary living Contemporary living
- Estates Estates
- Apartments with breathtaking view Apartments with breathtaking view
- Luxurious Condominiums Luxurious Condominiums
- Comfortable villas Comfortable villas
REAL ESTATE: St. Maarten/St-Martin has a very active real estate market. If you are looking for your perfect vacation home, a new permanent residence or an investment, ST-MAARTEN.COM will connect you to Realty specialists with a stellar track record.
Dream Beach Vacations - Simpson Bay, Airport Road
Island Real Estate Team - Simpson Bay/Cole Bay, Welfare Road
RE/MAX Island Properties - Simpson Bay/Cole Bay, Welfare Road and Oyster Pond
Sunset Real Estate - Cole Bay, Welfare Road
Sunshine Properties - Simpson Bay/Cole Bay, Welfare Road
Tendal Real Estate - Simpson Bay/Cole Bay, Welfare Road
Trust Real Estate - Cole Bay, Welfare Drive
WEDDINGS & OTHER SERVICES
- Get a local mailing address and more... Get a local mailing address and more...
- Wedding Planers Wedding Planers
- Professional Services Professional Services
SERVICES: A wide variety of professional services is available. Dreaming of a wedding on a Caribbean beach? 'Marry Me' will be able to guide you all the way. Less romantic, but sometimes even more important: For immediate office needs and for shipping and receiving parcels, there is the Business Point in Simpson Bay. For establishing a business on the island, you should rely on the services of Brightpath.
Brightpath Business Solutions - Maho Shopping Plaza - Company formation and other service
Dream Beach Vacations Property Management - Simpson Bay, Airport Road
Rising Sun Tours - Marigot - Event organizer and tourism consultant
Scarlet Internet & Phone - Simpson Bay/Cole Bay - Internet rentals
Sell My Timeshare Now! - On-line
Sint Maarten Marry Me - Philipsburg, Emmaplein - Full service wedding planers
The Business Point - Simpson Bay Yacht Club - Mail, Internet and many other services
ABOUT ST. MAARTEN / ST. MARTIN (Beaches, History, Towns)
ST-MAARTEN.COM offers you hundred of pages of island information. Check out more through the links below:
Beaches - for every taste: busy or secluded, with or without clothes
Dutch Side - the different areas of Dutch Sint Maarten
French Side - the different areas of French Saint Martin
The Basics - from money to weather
History - Much happened here in the past
Lifestyle & Culture - This an extremely open-minded island
Other Islands - meet our neighbors Anguilla, St. Barths, Saba, St. Eustatius (Statia)
Philipsburg, Sint Maarten
78°F / 85°F
77°F / 85°F
78°F / 85°F
77°F / 85°F
78°F / 85°F
77°F / 85°F
77°F / 84°F
INTER-ACTIVE MAP OF ST. MAARTEN - ST. MARTIN
Webcam Maho Beach - Sunset Beach Bar with view on airport runway coming soon!